Thursday, March 31, 2011

Trainer? Diet? Carbs? Ughhh...



Well, as you might be able to tell by the title, it's time to get serious about losing the baby weight. My friend Jen and I split 7 dual sessions with this crazy trainer, also named Chris, and we met with him on Tuesday. Funny, when he measured our body fat mine was 23% and Jen's was 20% and we were both pretty excited. I mean low twenties is usually thought to be pretty good for a woman, meanwhile the adonis that is our trainer had this look on his face that said "oh man, look at these fatties I have to work with!" Ha! It was really funny. He's given us a very strict diet in addition to a few other suggestions. Jen had poached chicken and leeks for breakfast this morning, I had a bagel with peanut butter and half a bowl of granola. Hmmm... I wonder which of us will be more successful!? lol

The kids are great, Josephine is preparing for her upcoming role in her K2 play, Goldilocks. She has "the lead in the play." And is VERY excited about all the preparations. Little does she know that her grandmother and cousin Danny will be surprising her that week for her birthday. We will all be going to Euro Disney in Paris for a long weekend. Should be a lot of fun.

Chris Jr. is back in school, but has moved to three days a week so that he can nap the other days. He's seeming a little more rested, though he's got another cold so it's hard to tell. Maddie is also a bit under the weather. She had her second set of shots on Tuesday and I think her legs are a little sore. Also, she's definitely working on some teeth and seems to be quite bothered by them. She was so upset last night she slept with me all night. I loved every second of it!! :) It's nice to be able to relish all of these small moments with our last baby.



Chris Sr. had a great trip to Asia for work, although he ate a lot of unusual items and drank so many Chinese toasts at one lunch that he was quite sick for the rest of the afternoon. His jet lag seems to be gone and he's back to running to work as usual. He still hasn't missed a day since we moved here! Very impressive!

More Weekly Pics:

Heading to the Zoo with Grammy and Grampa

Posing at the Zoo

Napping after Chris Sr's return from China


1 comment:

  1. nice to hear your latest news! Maddie is such a cutie, she reminds me of Chris Jr. I know what you mean about the baby weight though, now that I know its our last too it's time for me to get serious. I just decided to go the low carb route as I'm far too hungry breastfeeding and it's the only diet that doesn't leave me ravenous. Good luck and very impressive in your low body fat - I think mine is double!

    ReplyDelete